Tips for Replacing Your Old Fireplace
Fireplaces are popular no matter what time of the year it may be. In the summer they help to create memorable relaxing weekends, while during the winter they provide much-needed warmth. Once people find their fireplace is old and outdated, they are often looking for ways to update or replace it. Yet it’s important to remember that not all fireplaces are created equal. Here are some tips to keep in mind when it comes to replacing your old fireplace:
- Modernization. Most people looking to replace their fireplace are looking to bring the appearance into a more modern look. Consider the various styles that are available, but opt for one that will still be suitable in 5-10 years down the road.
- Efficiency. This is one of the most common reasons people opt for swapping out their old fireplace. Improving efficiency will help reduce your heating bills, so be sure to opt for one that will be more economical to use, yet provide the warmth you want.
- Eco-friendly. Most old fireplaces are not eco-friendly, as they are burning wood and putting ash and smoke into the environment. Opting for an eco-friendly fireplace model will help keep the air cleaner indoors and out, because they don’t create smoke or other pollutants.
- Design. Now that you are replacing your fireplace, you can opt for a new design all together. Take a look at the many designs and custom options that are available, so you get a fireplace that perfectly matches the vision you have for your home.
- Care and maintenance. Older fireplaces are harder to care for and make more messes that need to be cleaned up. When you opt for something like an ethanol fireplace you will be choosing one that is easy to clean and care for and doesn’t make messes to begin with.
- Other options. There are other options to consider if you want to keep your current fireplace, yet get the modernization and eco-friendly upgrades. Your current fireplace can be converted to an ethanol burning one. It’s a much simpler process than you may realize, and it’s quite affordable.