5 Things to Know About Converting a Wood-Burning Fireplace to Ethanol
If you have a wood-burning fireplace and are considering converting it to burning ethanol fuel, you are not alone. As more people learn about the benefits of an ethanol fireplace, and the drawbacks of a wood-burning one, they are compelled to consider the idea. Many people who have wood-burning fireplaces get to a point where they simply stop using them, or use them for storing things, or other reasons other than for what they are intended for. But it doesn’t have to be like that! Here are 5 things to know about converting your wood-burning fireplace to an ethanol one:
- A switch to an ethanol fireplace can be done. The good news for the many homeowners who have wood-burning fireplaces that they don’t want or don’t use is that they can indeed convert it to an eco friendly ethanol one.
- The process is easier than you may think. Most people are surprised to learn just how easy it is to make the conversion from a wood-burning fireplace to an ethanol one. It’s something that takes just minutes to do.
- An Ethanol fireplace will be cleaner and greener. When you make the switch from wood-burning to ethanol you will be making both a cleaner and greener fireplace choice. The ethanol fireplaces are more environmentally friendly, don’t emit the pollution like the wood-burning ones do, and are easier to clean and take care of, too.
- You will use your fireplace again. You will actually be able to use your fireplace again, rather than have it sit there. Just imagine the great atmosphere you can once again create, or create for the first time if you are purchasing a house that already has a wood-burning fireplace that you don’t want to use from the start.
- You have two installation options. Converting your wood-burning fireplace to an eco friendly ethanol one can be as easy as inserting a grate kit into it. You can also take the route of closing the flue and then following the few steps to set up an ethanol burner insert in the fireplace.