Bio Flame FAQ’s: What You Need to Know
1. What is Bio Flame?Bio Flame is a line of innovative ethanol fireplaces and burners that was developed in 2007. Used globally by home builders, resorts, hotels, personal homes, and large scale developments around the world, Bio Flame attracts architects and designers who like that our ethanol fireplaces have very few design constraints. Available in over 50 countries with over 100,000 projects to boast, we are proud to be an industry leader.
2. Do ethanol fireplaces need to be vented?Ethanol fireplaces are installed in minutes without the need of any permanent or expensive connections. No chimneys, gas lines, venting, electricity, or flues are required.
3. Do bioethanol fireplaces provide heat?Bioethanol fireplaces are an efficient source of providing heat - although how much heat an ethanol fireplace provides can vary. Factors such as the size of the fireplace, the opening of the fuel tray, and the room size can affect how much heat is produced. Overall, however, ethanol fireplaces tend to emit more heat than traditional fireplaces since no heat is lost through the venting process. Bio Flame products have also been engineered for optimal efficiency, meaning our products are on average 20-30% more fuel and heat efficient than the competition.
4. Are ethanol fireplaces safe?Yes, we take your safety seriously. That’s why Bio Flame is proud to be the only ethanol fireplace company in North America to become UL (Underwriters Laboratories) and ULC (Underwriter Laboratories of Canada) Certified. All of our products have undergone rigorous testing and evaluations by a third party to ensure they meet UL’s nationally recognized Standards for Safety. There is also no air pollution with using the Bio Flame ethanol fuel, meaning you can rest assured that no harmful toxins are released into the air. Breathe better in your home without any pollutants, odor, or smoke to worry about.
5. Do ethanol fireplaces smell?Bio Flame products do not produce an odor while in use. The reason for this is due to the fuel itself, being a clean burning alcohol.
About The Bio Flame Since 2007 The Bio Flame has been creating unique, eco-friendly, ethanol fireplaces. Bio Flame designers and engineers have continued to set the highest standards of bio ethanol burning fireplaces in the industry with custom designs and record breaking innovations. The Bio Flame has gained great popularity amongst homebuilders, hotels/resorts and designers. Like what we’ve got to say? Come follow us on Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram | Pinterest
As of December 31, 2021, all bio ethanol fireplaces are no longer UL certified due to UL's decision to cease certification for LRBA/LRBA7 appliances. The Bio Flame fireplaces hold CE certification, meeting international safety standards and Bio Flame is actively pursuing additional certifications, reinforcing our commitment to safety.